I love my job! I have no social life b/c of NaNo!
I've been so good about watching only one show per day since Nov. 1st
Community Troy and Abed continue to be the only ones that make me laugh consistently (Also, DEAN PELTON ♥) and the constant ragging on Britta is way old. I get that her character's a bit of a failster, but man, I wish she wasn't treated so horribly.
Prime Suspect everyone should be watching this show. COP SHOWS ARE MY FAVORITE
Young Justice ♥__♥ nothing gets me like a team that becomes a family. and FFFF THIS SHOW THIS SHOW MY FEELINGS ALL OVER THE PLACE. Rewatch the whole season soon? (Also, I think I'm going to rewatch Static Shock once NaNo is over b/c of reasons.)
Grey's Anatomy that scene with Callie and Mrs. O'Malley SLAYED ME. TEARS AND FEELINGS OMG. Also, Alex craps puppies lol. the whole lexie/mark/avery thing. IDK. of the possible permutations IDK who I want to end up together,OT3? I just want them to be happy.
REVENGE: This show omg. <3 <3 <3
Once Upon A Time I'm really not feeling this show, which is disappointing, since I love the concept. IDK. I'll probably watch for a few more episodes and see.
V stuff was all over flist yesterday, and then all over my dash, so I opened that V fic I'd abandoned so long ago b/c it was so horrible and I actually really like it now? TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS OR SOMETHING. The ending kind of falls apart, but maybe in between NaNo (lol) I can work on it. ALSO IT'S LESS THAN 3K SHORT FIC YAY HOORAY!
Inception fic is. idk, maybe when I'll go back to it, I'll figure out what the heck is going on with it, but right now it's pretty much dead in the water :/
So. NaNo's going very well. Very very well. Tumblr's been getting the brunt of my frustrations/stream of thought/yay hooray posts, so if you want to read about that, here's the tag. It's mostly drivel, so grain of salt and all that.
At the time of posting this, my current word count is 24024 and I hope to add at least 3K on by tonight. I'm not really feeling the urge to write though, which sucks. Probably because I wrote a ton yesterday and I just want to sleep today.
I don't really know how I managed it. I think it might be partially because I had a pretty solid outline before I started and also because I broke it down to eight separate parts and am switching to a new one when one part starts giving me trouble. Though I realize I've only outlined half the story and though I have vague ideas of what happens after part eight, there's zero structure. So I might hit the end of part eight and realize I don't know where to go from there.
I think my daily word count is probably going to drastically drop now that I have the majority of the skeleton written and am working on fleshing it out (unless I move on to parts 9-???).
It's really rough writing for the most part, and there's going to be a whole lot of editing (and cutting lol) when I've finished, but overall I'm happy with it. I have a lot of ~feelings about this story, and most of them are good. I love the themes that are showing up, and I'm v. attached to all the characters - the OCs and the not-so-OCs as well. I don't think I'm using the rest of the Avengers as much as I'd like to or as well as I'd like to, but since ninety percent of the story happens off Earth so far, maybe that's not as big of a problem as my brain seems to think it is.
There are a few problem areas, mostly dealing with Loki being an ass and you know, I know he's being an ass but I don't know if it comes across as such. And, you know, half the time he's doing it to piss someone - usually his brother - off and intentionally says crap he doesn't mean. IDK I think it's only really a problem when he's on earth and he sort of loses it and becomes all LOKI SMASH on the poor mortals of Midgard. I think I have to rewrite/restructure this b/c it's walking a fine line and when I, as the writer, lose sympathy for a character I'm working with, then it's all gone to hell.
IDK. right now I'm going to curl into bed and find something ridiculous to watch and then maybe try to write after.
I've been so good about watching only one show per day since Nov. 1st
Community Troy and Abed continue to be the only ones that make me laugh consistently (Also, DEAN PELTON ♥) and the constant ragging on Britta is way old. I get that her character's a bit of a failster, but man, I wish she wasn't treated so horribly.
Prime Suspect everyone should be watching this show. COP SHOWS ARE MY FAVORITE
Young Justice ♥__♥ nothing gets me like a team that becomes a family. and FFFF THIS SHOW THIS SHOW MY FEELINGS ALL OVER THE PLACE. Rewatch the whole season soon? (Also, I think I'm going to rewatch Static Shock once NaNo is over b/c of reasons.)
Grey's Anatomy that scene with Callie and Mrs. O'Malley SLAYED ME. TEARS AND FEELINGS OMG. Also, Alex craps puppies lol. the whole lexie/mark/avery thing. IDK. of the possible permutations IDK who I want to end up together,
REVENGE: This show omg. <3 <3 <3
Once Upon A Time I'm really not feeling this show, which is disappointing, since I love the concept. IDK. I'll probably watch for a few more episodes and see.
V stuff was all over flist yesterday, and then all over my dash, so I opened that V fic I'd abandoned so long ago b/c it was so horrible and I actually really like it now? TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS OR SOMETHING. The ending kind of falls apart, but maybe in between NaNo (lol) I can work on it. ALSO IT'S LESS THAN 3K SHORT FIC YAY HOORAY!
Inception fic is. idk, maybe when I'll go back to it, I'll figure out what the heck is going on with it, but right now it's pretty much dead in the water :/
So. NaNo's going very well. Very very well. Tumblr's been getting the brunt of my frustrations/stream of thought/yay hooray posts, so if you want to read about that, here's the tag. It's mostly drivel, so grain of salt and all that.
At the time of posting this, my current word count is 24024 and I hope to add at least 3K on by tonight. I'm not really feeling the urge to write though, which sucks. Probably because I wrote a ton yesterday and I just want to sleep today.
I don't really know how I managed it. I think it might be partially because I had a pretty solid outline before I started and also because I broke it down to eight separate parts and am switching to a new one when one part starts giving me trouble. Though I realize I've only outlined half the story and though I have vague ideas of what happens after part eight, there's zero structure. So I might hit the end of part eight and realize I don't know where to go from there.
I think my daily word count is probably going to drastically drop now that I have the majority of the skeleton written and am working on fleshing it out (unless I move on to parts 9-???).
It's really rough writing for the most part, and there's going to be a whole lot of editing (and cutting lol) when I've finished, but overall I'm happy with it. I have a lot of ~feelings about this story, and most of them are good. I love the themes that are showing up, and I'm v. attached to all the characters - the OCs and the not-so-OCs as well. I don't think I'm using the rest of the Avengers as much as I'd like to or as well as I'd like to, but since ninety percent of the story happens off Earth so far, maybe that's not as big of a problem as my brain seems to think it is.
There are a few problem areas, mostly dealing with Loki being an ass and you know, I know he's being an ass but I don't know if it comes across as such. And, you know, half the time he's doing it to piss someone - usually his brother - off and intentionally says crap he doesn't mean. IDK I think it's only really a problem when he's on earth and he sort of loses it and becomes all LOKI SMASH on the poor mortals of Midgard. I think I have to rewrite/restructure this b/c it's walking a fine line and when I, as the writer, lose sympathy for a character I'm working with, then it's all gone to hell.
IDK. right now I'm going to curl into bed and find something ridiculous to watch and then maybe try to write after.
no subject
Date: 2011-11-06 07:14 pm (UTC)Drop me a line if you need to vent about stuff and things nano-ish.
Also, I'm glad your job is going so well!!!!!!
no subject
Date: 2011-11-06 08:39 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-11-06 08:48 pm (UTC)Also, I frequently legitimately find the Dean really hot when he's dragging up. I think it was supposed to be funny at first but now they're like "Jim Rash has amazing legs, what dress should we put him in next?"
I'm glad your NaNo is moving along. You're going to be so proud of yourself once you're done no matter what the quality is, so just keep powering through and write and write! ::cheerleads::
And now, back to work I scurry. :\
no subject
Date: 2011-11-06 09:13 pm (UTC)I've stopped watching Community and even though sometimes after tumblr spams an episode I want to watch I get past it pretty fast. You mentioned my top three show atm, but man Grey's... IDK either. I don't want to watch but I'm slightly interested too. and IDK.
I love the concept -- ita. Mostly I love the concept of the show and it's pretty fluffy, which kinda makes it show I know i'll never get really into but it's a fun waste of a n hour.
no subject
Date: 2011-11-06 09:46 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-11-06 11:02 pm (UTC)omg. They're the best. JIM RASH DOES HAVE AMAZING LEGS. ♥
I'm already pretty proud of myself. I'm a lot further along than I thought I'd be on day six (I just hit 25K \0/) and I think that's a pretty awesome accomplishment. Thank you for the cheerleading!
Hope work is treating you well!
no subject
Date: 2011-11-06 11:21 pm (UTC)I think the most iffy part so far is when he gets to Earth. Before Earth, he says some pretty nasty things - which I'm hoping will come across at being mostly directed at himself, at least when it comes to the things he says to/about frost giants - and he puts a curse on Sif - though it's currently pretty ambiguous how much it actually affects her - and after he's pretty chivalrous to Jane even though he totally claims keeping her alive is a ~power game btn him and the frosties.
even after Jane totally bonds with them over science-y stuffBut at Earth, he definitely gets darker and more violent. I think a lot of that is a reflection of what I'm expecting Avengers' Loki to be and I haven't quite shaken that expectation of it. It's the least figured out part of what I have so far, so I'll have to sit down sometime and plot out some options.
You definitely might get a random PM at some point.
I don't know if I can ever let go of Grey's. I always say I'm going to quit, but then I watch an episode and all is lost.
I want to love Once Upon a Time so badly, and there are definitely parts of it I like, but then there are things I don't like so much. I don't know if the good outweighs the bad yet.
no subject
Date: 2011-11-06 11:22 pm (UTC)